The System Architect API function set can be instrumented into any functional code to track tokens of data, log states and attributes. Textual reports and visualization tools allow designers to analyze actual key performance metrics, such as bus contention, memory utilization, and SW instruction distribution - all during standard functional simulation. These metrics are critical for analyzing micro-architecture bottlenecks, bandwidth limitations, and power tradeoffs.
* On-demand SystemC-compliant API functions
* Advanced textual and graphical reports
* Analysis of data throughput and communication latencies
* Dynamic resource utilization analysis (such as memories and FIFO's)
* Software task distribution and processor utilization reports
* Hardware/Software tradeoff analysis