The three ego states that a human being communicates from are -
1. Parent state - I am OK but you are not OK.
2. Adult state - I am OK and you are OK.
3. Child state - I am not OK and you are OK.
The ideal interaction in a professional environment is from the adult state to the adult state.
An angry person shouting is in the child state trying to stimulate your child state.
In such a situation..
1. You should not respond from the child state, which would be to get angry and shout back.
2. You should empathize with the child and elevate them to the adult state.
3. The a fruitful adult to adult communication can occur.
Often positive attitudes and interactions can be achieved by identifying what state you are transacting from and transacting to and recognizing the others ego state and communicating accordingly. The adult to adult states are the most effective